Monday, May 14, 2007

2 stories from class of 2001

Thank you to Jeremy Mills and the class of 2001 for the first story from beyond the circle....sorry Jeremy but have to chuckle at your misfortune here, but believe me, I am not alone in saying that we have all had nights like this (ok maybe it is just me and Jeremy). Beer goggles don't even work sometimes.

2001 was kind of a bad year for the radio class. Wayne had a tough time with a bad cold so we did some of assignments via e-mail. I have to agree though, the trip to Moncton was very "educational".

Jason MacDonald, Ed Barfitt, Mark Cameron and myself left the night before to enjoy Moncton's nightlife.....why we went to Memeracook, I'll never know. We all got lapdances and a couple of the strippers were all right except for the one that i got. I don't think she had graced a shower for a couple of days and she looked exactly like the women from the Royal Canadian Air Farce show on CBC!!!!

Aside from that though the whole night was a blast.(We taught Mister Cameron that yes....you do sometimes need alcohol to have fun....or at least have the guts to the strip club in Memeracook!!) One of the best times of my life, and I have the late Radio Studies course at NBCC Woodstock to thank for it!!

Here's another one that sticks out. One night the entire radio class gathered at my place before we all ventured to JR's for a lovely night of Karaoke. Well the Journalism class was out in full force as well and we decided that we were going to show them how to sing. We signed Mark Cameron up to sing Sweet Caroline but we all got up to sing. The ovation at the end of the song was LOUD!! The next day in class we all had a good laugh about our crooning and Wayne must of over heard us because after lunch on all of our desks were the lyrics to Sweet Caroline. From that day on the official song of the Radio Studies Class of 2001 was....you guessed it, Sweet Caroline!

No comments: